CHRISTOPHER E. SAWIN
Christopher E. Sawin is a Partner at the Hingham office of Argos Legal Group, P.C., where he concentrates his practice in family law, probate, estate planning, and veterans’ law. His practice includes the representation of individuals in some of the most difficult of life’s transitions, including divorce, paternity actions, modification of agreement and judgements, custody disputes, prenuptial agreements, enforcement proceedings, restraining orders, estate disputes, discharge upgrades, and military disability appeals.
To serve clients with the upmost quality representation, Mr. Sawin draws upon his experience, training, and education to reach the best possible result for every client. His analytical approach and hard-earned reputation for integrity and discretion ensures quality results, keeping the client’s best interest at the forefront of his practice. Mr. Sawin believes that zealous advocacy combines an understanding of the law with a creative use of intellect, negotiation, reasoned decision-making, and effective implementation of experts.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Sawin served in the United States Marine Corps where he deployed to Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom and aboard the USS Iwo Jima during the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit. He currently volunteers a portion of his legal services to indigent military veterans and their families with the unique legal challenges they face before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and with state law issues.
Previously, Mr. Sawin was a law clerk to Chief Justice John D. Casey of the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court and also represented indigent families through his participation of the Suffolk Family Advocacy Clinic in a variety of issues in the Greater Boston area.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Curry College, B.A
- Quincy College, A.s., summa cum laude
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Plymouth County Bar Association
- Veterans’ Claim Assistance Network
- Norfolk County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
BAR ADMISSIONS AND ACCREDITATION
- United States District Court, Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Accredited Department of Veterans Affairs Claims Agent
- Creating Super Soldiers for Warfare: A Look into the Laws of War, 17 J. High Tech. L. 105 (2016).